We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team in a co-op/contract analyst position. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, our pension, benefits, and investment teams.
- Enrolled in, or completed, a Bachelor’s degree program in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Finance, Statistics, Commerce, or a related discipline
- Demonstrated interest in obtaining an actuarial designation (ACIA or FCIA) or a CFA designation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of databases and programming skills considered an asset
- Team player who is able to work under minimal supervision
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills including spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Strong desire to continually learn in a dynamic work environment and to apply skills and knowledge to solve challenging problems for clients
- Knowledge of pension plans, group benefit plans, or institutional investing would be considered an asset
- Conduct research on a variety of actuarial topics related to pension and benefit plans
- Prepare actuarial valuation analyses for pension and benefit plans
- Draft letters and memos for clients
- Prepare client deliverables such as actuarial valuation reports and presentations
- Assist with benefit calculations, annual statements, and any other relevant documents to ensure compliance with plan policies and applicable legislation
- Assist with asset mix reviews and asset-liability studies, including cash flow projections
- Gather data from clients, investment managers, record-keepers, and insurance companies
- Prepare project plans for team members’ review
- Prepare investment monitoring reports for institutional clients
- Assist with ad-hoc investment projects
- $3,700 – $4,500 per month (depending on experience, professional exams passed and school terms completed)
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and transcripts (unofficial are acceptable) to [email protected] or apply through your co-op program. Applications will be reviewed each February, June, and October.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.