George & Bell Consulting is currently seeking to fill the position of a full-time Analyst in the Investment Consulting Practice, based either in our Vancouver or Edmonton office. This entry-level position will focus on performing calculations in spreadsheets and preparing investment reports for institutional clients, but will also include exposure to asset mix reviews, manager searches and other investment consulting projects, as needed. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, our entire team including our Partners.
We are a vibrant, growing firm based in Vancouver. We provide expert advice on pension plans, investments, group benefits, legal cases, and other actuarial matters. Clients enjoy working with us because we partner with them to find creative and practical solutions. People enjoy working at George & Bell Consulting because we aim to help our clients with a common-sense approach. We support our employees with exam progress and provide mentorship, flexibility, and independence.
- Undergraduate degree; preference will be given to candidates with a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics)
- Ideally 1-3 years of work experience, either in a co-op or full-time capacity; preference will be given to candidates with prior work experience in the consulting, investment, or financial services industries
- Interest in the investments field and/or obtaining an investment designation (e.g. CFA)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and formulas (e.g. index, lookup, and match functions)
- Self-starter that can learn independently and take ownership of their work
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills including excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Strong desire to continually learn in a dynamic team environment and to apply skills and knowledge to solve challenging problems for clients
- Knowledge of pension plans and institutional investing would be considered an asset
- Research a wide variety of investment topics, particularly as they relate to institutional investors such as foundations, endowments, Indigenous trusts, pension and benefit plans
- Conduct due diligence on new investment products, strategies and topics, and provide a summary of the analysis in written and oral form to stakeholders
- Monitor client portfolios by performing financial calculations in Microsoft Excel and preparing investment performance reports
- Draft and review letters and memos for clients
- Prepare, assist with, and review other client deliverables, such as investment manager search reports, presentations, and asset mix reviews
- Collect data from clients, custodians, investment managers, record-keepers and insurance companies as required and promptly
- Provide support to client teams as required, both within the Investment Consulting Practice and firm-wide
Please send a cover letter, resume and transcripts (unofficial are acceptable) in PDF form to [email protected]. Please reference “Analyst Position” in the subject of the email. Only applications submitted via this method will be reviewed.
Applications will be accepted until September 30, 2022.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. For more information on George & Bell Consulting, please visit our website at www.georgeandbell.com.